Friday, February 8

Gongxifacai...年初一


Gong Xi Fa Cai? This is the words that most Chinese like to wish each others during the new year, it is mean wish you to get rich. But, is that the most important wish for you in the beginning of the year? or it mean the Chinese mentality more keen to money and materialistic? or get rich is the main objective in our life? I don't know the answer, you just think about it. As I know many conflicts and arguments are caused by money even in the western countries. Actually, the first day of the CNY this year, I have a bad experience with my land lady (she is a Malaysian); she wanna to rise the my rental to an unacceptable rate. The reason was my girl friend will come around to the UK and stay along with me, so she wanna to rise the rental, even I staying in the same room. In fact,I have prepared to pay them £50 more monthly however she wanna me to pay £80 more. £50 for rental and £30 for council tax. I said my girl friend is not holding a working visa and she has no reason to share the council tax, and then she just said: "well, council tax is just talk to you nicely, eventually £80 is the money we wanted."  Please think about it, the room is initially cost me £350(bills are not included), and now add one more person in the same same space and we have to pay £430 for the same room? I have asked some of my local friends here, it is no reason to rise up so much for the same room. In Malaysia, even you rent up the room, the cost is base on the room you rented but not how many people to get in. I have not settle the the issue yet and I still discussing with her. It is so annoying, anyway I try to not create any problem for both side because of money. Money will make us lost our logic sometimes. Nevertheless, I still wish all of you Gong Xi Fa Cai :p because after Fa Cai we might have lesser pressure of money.

今年是我第一次在异乡过年,没有特别的不开心的心情,因为我也预了啦。虽然今年没有新衣服,没有新年糕饼,没有新年歌,但没关系,只要我知道在遥远的家乡,我的家人全都平平安安聚在一起庆祝新年那就心满意足了。对我来说新年只是一个概念,一个能让一家大小聚在一起的日子;尤其是现代我们进入了‘游子’的时代,没多少个孩子留在家乡和家人一起住,着使得新年这个概念变得更为重要。有一位学弟跟我说他已经有三年没回家过年了,还有另外的三年不能回家过年,非常想念在家过年的日子;然后,我就更他说了以上过年的概念。我不是要安慰他,而是说是时候重新把‘新年’定位了。定位在属于我们因缘的新年,定位在新年原来的意义上;吃喝玩乐拿红包反而变得次要了。在此祝福大家万事如意,生活愉快!

6 comments:

lny said...

i really think that the landlady is a bit too much.你要坚持你的立场喔!so your "wife"'ll be flying over to visit you...looking forward to see her huh? :)
对我而言,到了我这个年龄,新年对我来说没有什么特别的意义了。每次新年只盼望可以和朋友聚在一起,就好像爱心天地着一般老友。。。我在此祝你新年快了身体健康。。
have not finished reading your blog...but i find it interesting though.... :)

Axxu said...

Thank you very much Lny, in fact I have a long discussion with them and it is so annoying. But the way, i very happy we keep in touch again. I hope we can have some more communication in the coming day. Happy new year!

Suh Ching said...

Hi,axxu!Happy CNY!your gf going to visit you or will study there also?wish urs be well and happy always ya.pls send my regard to her

lny said...

i still have doubts if you could remember who i am..but i bet you can't remember my name....
记得那晚在你家聊天through webcam,你认得我但名字就记不起来了。我是念颖和你妹妹一起读中医的。但去年六月我已经停了。你给我的字条我还收着,压力太大无法继续下去了。。不过现在还会在家里拿起中医书来看。。充实自己嘛。。听你弟弟说他也要读。。
you had written so many blogs and it really takes some time to read..so whenever i online i'll sure open your blog and read a few....remember to keep in touch ya.... :)

Axxu said...

lny, i really remember who you are. I really do. We always have a long conversation every time we meet, right? I would like to have more conversation with you. Please do free contact me in blog or email or a letter. Your chinese getting very well now. Cheers!

Axxu said...

Suhching, long time didn't keep in touch, how are you now? Working already? Take care ya. Happy Chinese New Year to you as well!