Friday, November 30

UK's climate...天气篇



Many friends asking me what the differences between the UK and Malaysia. Indeed, this sort of question is not easy to answer with single words because it is two different worlds. However, I would like to share with you partly by partly about the differences that I've discovered.

The UK's Climate:
The most dramatic changing in my life here is the cold climate. The average climate in the UK is low and windy. In fact, my place Edinburgh is considering the nicest climate in the UK but not for me. Now the temperature is around 10 degree, at night it can be dropped to 1 or -2 degree. Please don't think the cold climate is good, it will bring a lot of problems when you are taking bath, going out side, clothing, and even sleeping. Here, you have to protect yourself from the bad cold weather properly, if not someone will really die because of the climate. And the sunlight here is very short, the sun will say “bye bye” with you after 4pm. The heater is the new thing for me, it just like air-corn in Malaysia, but you need to lean how to use it properly, if open it too long it will cost you an unbelievable electricity bills, if it not open in right time, you will felt cold all a day long. In Malaysia the climate is nice and suit to our human life. Even some people said the weather is hot lah or humid, but you won't be die because of the Malaysia's weather. You can go any time, anywhere you like, that why many Mamak is open 24 hours.....but not in the UK, the latest Pubs are closed at 2am. And every time I go out I have to wear 3 to 5 layers cloths, so if I take 1 min to change my cloth in Malaysia I have to spend 5 mins here before I go out , and take another time to taking out one by one after I come back. 

英国的天气对我而言是不能和马来西亚相比。每天的生活就象和天气作战;出门前都把自己包到厚厚,衣服穿了一件又一件;冲凉正的是“冲”凉,冲完两凉就冲着快把衣服穿好。有几次我慢了几秒,整个人抖的不能自我控制,由脚趾头抖到头皮屑。在马来西亚我们是多么的自由自在,想去那儿,就去那儿,除了下大雨,若不,天气绝对不是课题!在英国,如果你很穷没钱买衣服,你定会冷死街头,但是在大马你只要有一条短裤,你就可以在天桥地下过活了(所以才那么多流浪汉)。在马来西亚天气报告其实都不重要(交通报告才重要,因为有塞车),但在这里天气报告就象我的每日批命老,算我要穿多少件衣服。有是真不了解几千年前为什么人会选择住这样冷的地方。在马来西亚我们都喊天气热,喝的要放冰,房子要冷气;到了这里我才了解到温暖的可贵,太阳的难得和脂肪的重要性(所以圣诞老人才有这样的身材嘛)。朋友,别埋怨明天早上的太阳了,它带给我们的并不是热而是温暖;马来西亚的天气其实是我们的骄傲!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Axxu, i was going to winter place...amazingly i also prepared 3-5 layers of cloths for my self...what about the lower part? i mean pants...how many u wear?haha

Ken said...

So we don't know what we have till we lose it? Hmm..That's insightful..